10 Questions You
Should Ask a Landscape Contractor Before Signing a Contract
- Who will supervise the work? What are their
- Will your firm be at my job everyday until it is
completed? (or will you hop from job to job?)
- What are the qualifications of your subcontractors?
Are they licensed and insured? What is there skill level
regarding their work?
- What sort of follow-up programs does your company have
regarding final completion walk-through, initial maintenance, grow-in
period and long-term warranty?
- What sort of understanding do you have of my site
conditions including suitable plant materials, soil, weather, lot
orientation, etc.? Have you visited my job and walked the site
- Does your company have a valid Work's Compensation
policy? Any recent claims? What type?
- Does your company have any litigation against it?
May I visit the Contractors State License Board website to check?
- If additional work or a change in scope is required for
any job, how do you handle the change? (ie, formal change order in
advance of the work being performed or after the fact?)
- Has a lien ever been placed on the homeowner's job as the
result of your actions as a contractor?
- Will you and your firm continue to support my project
after completion and visit the job periodically to check on its
Larson Landscape | 833
Promenade Court, San Jose, CA 95138 | License #773325 | Bonded and